Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My first blog

Welcome to my blog! This is my first attempt at blogging. I was accepted into the NOAA Teacher at Sea program this summer and thought a blog would be a good way to record my experiences.

My NOAA experience started this winter with my application. I had heard about the program in the summer of 2009 during a science leadership workshop at Pigeon Lake, WI. In March 2010 I was notified of my acceptance and signed on for a bottom long line survey. During April and May I worked on the online training. June was spent finishing up school and chaperoning a trip to New Zealand, Australia, and Hawaii.

Busy summer!

Now that July is here my departure date is approaching. I've been emailing with several NOAA employees to finalize my itinerary, submit all paperwork, and finalize details. My original ship (Oregon II) was needed for something else so I will now be aboard the Delaware II. I am scheduled to leave on July 29, and the ship leaves July 30.

I need to go start packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment